The Tom Lee Endowment was established as a parent-led fundraising entity. Named after James B Edward’s longtime principal Tom Lee, the TLE funds student enrichment not funded by CCSD or the PTO.
- To date, the TLE has raised money to fund teacher positions at JBE for French, but most recently it has funded the technology teacher.
- The additional funding for teacher positions was necessary because at the time JBE was below student capacity and did not qualify for full-funding of staff per CCSD guidelines.
- Funding requested by the principal is typically in the range of $15,000 - $20,000 per year. These requests are funded out of the “Operating Account”.
- TLE typically raises $35,000 - $45,000 per year through 2 events – A Fall Golf Tournament and a Spring party. Traditionally, the PTO takes the lead on the Spring fundraiser, led by a single committee person and a team (Derby, Cinco de Mayo).
- The remainder of the funds raised by TLE gets deposited into the “Endowment Account” to fund future investments in student enrichment, more geared to long range goals.
Tom Lee Endowment OFFICERS are as follows:
President, Chip Crane
Vice President, Derrick Myers
Treasurer, Brumby McLeod
Secretary, Maggie Ramsden